Rs.12,000.00 (20% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet used for?
HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hepatitis C infection.
HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet work?
HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nucleotide polymerase inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting the certain enzymes and helps in preventing hepatitis C viral replication process. Thus, HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet improves liver function and reduces the damage.
How to take HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food to prevent stomach upset. Take HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet may include:
- Unusual tiredness
- Fever and chills
- Trouble breathing
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet:
- Muscle pain
- Itchy skin
- Difficulty sleeping
- Lower back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Pale skin
- Sore throat
- Signs of infection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication.
- Avoid driving and operating heavy machinery, as this drug may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms associated with decreased blood cell count.
- Monitor your liver function while taking HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver transplantation or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any medications for HIV or seizures.
Frequently Asked questions about HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet
- Can I alter the dose of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication if I feel better?
- Is it safe to take HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication?
- Can I suggest HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication to another person with same symptoms?
No. It is not advisable to change the dose of HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication without medical supervision.
Consult your doctor before taking HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication to known about the benefits and potential risks of the drug during pregnancy.
Take adequate fluids and follow a healthy diet while on HEPCINAT 400mg Tablet medication.
No. It is not advisable to suggest any drug even to a person with same symptoms as the severity of the condition may not be same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.