HEP 5 Injection 5ml
By Gland Pharma Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is HEP 5 Injection used for?
HEP 5 Injection is used to prevent the formation of blood clots in the veins, arteries or lungs. It is also used prior to surgery to reduce the risk of blood clotting. It is indicated for the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Acute arterial occlusion
HEP 5 Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HEP 5 Injection work?
HEP 5 Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulants. This drug acts by preventing the formation of fibrin clots by inhibiting the action of fibrin stabilising factor. Thus, it prevents coagulation of the blood.
How to use HEP 5 Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
HEP 5 Injection is available as injection. Therefore, HEP 5 Injection injection must be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of HEP 5 Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of HEP 5 Injection may include:
- Easy bruising
- Nose bleeding
- Blood in stools or urine
What are the drugs that interact with HEP 5 Injection ?
Drugs that interact with HEP 5 Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HEP 5 Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of HEP 5 Injection :
- Nose bleeds
- Joint pain
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Heavy bleeding
- Coughing up blood
- Abdominal pain
- Bleeding gums
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions HEP 5 Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HEP 5 Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not use HEP 5 Injection without consulting a doctor while breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug while using HEP 5 Injection .
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HEP 5 Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of high blood pressure, stomach or intestinal disorder, or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor about the usage of HEP 5 Injection if you have to undergo any surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about HEP 5 Injection
- How should HEP 5 Injection be stored?
- Is it safe to use HEP 5 Injection in patients with platelet deficiency?
- Is it safe to use HEP 5 Injection for my 7-year-old child?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HEP 5 Injection ?
- Can I use Ibuprofen while receiving HEP 5 Injection injection?
HEP 5 Injection should be stored at 2 – 4°C, away from heat and moisture.
HEP 5 Injection may increase the risk of thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). Therefore, HEP 5 Injection is not indicated for the patients with platelet deficiency.
No, the safe use of HEP 5 Injection in children is not yet established. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
No, HEP 5 Injection should be administered only as prescribed by your doctor. Please consult your doctor for any dose-related queries.
Ibuprofen belongs to the class of NSAIDs. Use of NSAIDs should be avoided while on HEP 5 Injection medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.