HALOVATE Lotion 30ml
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is HALOVATE Lotion used for?
HALOVATE Lotion is a steroid used to treat skin inflammation associated with the following conditions:
- Allergic skin reactions
HALOVATE Lotion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HALOVATE Lotion work?
HALOVATE Lotion belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by inducing the inhibitory proteins called as lipocortins. These lipocortins control the synthesis of inflammatory mediators such as leukotrienes and prostaglandins by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid. Thus, the drug reduces the inflammation.
How to use HALOVATE Lotion?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use HALOVATE Lotion as prescribed by your doctor.
For topical application, apply a thin layer of HALOVATE Lotion ointment over the affected area of the skin and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of HALOVATE Lotion, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HALOVATE Lotion?
Drugs that interact with HALOVATE Lotion include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HALOVATE Lotion?
The following are the most common side effects of HALOVATE Lotion:
- Blisters on the skin
- Burning sensation
- Dry skin
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin discolouration
- Skin thinning
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions HALOVATE Lotion?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HALOVATE Lotion or similar drugs.
- Avoid application of topical pain relievers over the inflamed skin.
- Avoid contact of HALOVATE Lotion with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Do not use HALOVATE Lotion cream/ointment more often or longer than recommended.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HALOVATE Lotion?
- Inform your doctor if you have any cuts or scrapes on the skin before using HALOVATE Lotion medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are using Prednisolone or its analogues.
- Inform your doctor if you have any recent history of vaccination.
Frequently Asked Questions about HALOVATE Lotion
- What are the other formulations of HALOVATE Lotion available?
- How long can I use HALOVATE Lotion?
- How should HALOVATE Lotion be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HALOVATE Lotion cream/ointment?
- What are the overdose symptoms of HALOVATE Lotion ointment?
HALOVATE Lotion is available as cream, lotion and ointment dosage forms.
HALOVATE Lotion should not be used for more than two weeks. However, you must use the drug for the prescribed duration. Consult your doctor if you have to discontinue HALOVATE Lotion medication.
HALOVATE Lotion is stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
No, altering the dose of HALOVATE Lotion is not advised. HALOVATE Lotion dose should be used as prescribed.
The overdose symptoms of HALOVATE Lotion ointment include skin rash and swelling. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.