HALOVATE F Cream 10gm
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is HALOVATE F Cream used for?
HALOVATE F Cream cream is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Bacterial infection
HALOVATE F Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HALOVATE F Cream work?
In HALOVATE F Cream, Fusidic Acid belongs to the class of drugs called topical antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting protein synthesis in bacteria, which are necessary for the functioning of bacteria. Thus, it helps in inhibiting bacterial growth.
Halobetasol Propionate belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid dermatological preparations. The drug acts by blocking certain inflammatory mediators, which cause inflammation. Thus, it reduces symptoms of inflammation.
How to apply HALOVATE F Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply HALOVATE F Cream cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of HALOVATE F Cream cream to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of HALOVATE F Cream, please apply it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HALOVATE F Cream?
Drugs that interact with HALOVATE F Cream are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HALOVATE F Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of HALOVATE F Cream:
- Warm skin
- Tingling sensation
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin blistering
- Pus at the root of hair
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using HALOVATE F Cream?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of HALOVATE F Cream
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use HALOVATE F Cream if
- It has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using HALOVATE F Cream?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as
poor blood circulation, immune system problems, rosacea and perioral dermatitis.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while using HALOVATE F Cream combinatio
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of HALOVATE F Cream.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
Frequently Asked questions about HALOVATE F Cream
- How should HALOVATE F Cream be stored?
- Is it normal to experience skin lightening at the site of application with HALOVATE F Cream?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HALOVATE F Cream?
- Can I recommend HALOVATE F Cream to others?
HALOVATE F Cream should be stored at a temperature of 25°C away from heat and moisture.
Yes, skin lightening at the application site is a side effect of HALOVATE F Cream. However, consult your physician.
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.