Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
GTN 0.4mg Spray 200MD
By Medley Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is GTN 0.4mg Spray used for?
GTN 0.4mg Spray is an organic nitrate medicine, which is used for the prevention of angina. It is also used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF)
- Chronic anal fissures
GTN 0.4mg Spray may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GTN 0.4mg Spray work?
GTN 0.4mg Spray belongs to the class of drugs called nitrate vasodilators, which works by releasing nitric oxide. Release of nitric oxide activates certain enzymes that help in relaxing the vascular smooth muscles and improving the blood flow.
How to use GTN 0.4mg Spray?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
GTN 0.4mg Spray medicine is available as capsule, injection, ointment, patch and tablet.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. GTN 0.4mg Spray tablet/capsule should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 1 to 2 hours before a meal.
- GTN 0.4mg Spray injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Apply GTN 0.4mg Spray ointment as a thin layer over the affected area.
- Use GTN 0.4mg Spray patch on a dry and clean skin.
What are the drugs that interact with GTN 0.4mg Spray?
Drugs that interact with GTN 0.4mg Spray include the following:
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GTN 0.4mg Spray?
The following are the most common side effects of GTN 0.4mg Spray:
- Decreased blood pressure
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GTN 0.4mg Spray?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GTN 0.4mg Spray or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GTN 0.4mg Spray.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of GTN 0.4mg Spray.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using GTN 0.4mg Spray if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using GTN 0.4mg Spray?
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver problem, severe low blood pressure, migraine or anaemia.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GTN 0.4mg Spray
- Is it safe to use GTN 0.4mg Spray in my 10-year-old child?
- How should GTN 0.4mg Spray be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for GTN 0.4mg Spray?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using GTN 0.4mg Spray?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GTN 0.4mg Spray?
No. GTN 0.4mg Spray medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
GTN 0.4mg Spray medicine is available as capsule, ointment, injection, patch and tablet.
Yes. Functioning of the heart should be monitored while using GTN 0.4mg Spray medicine.
No. Do not alter the dose of GTN 0.4mg Spray medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.