GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet used for?
GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet is used for the treatment of myasthenia gravis. It is also used in those individuals who have been exposed to nerve gas.
GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as prescribed by the doctor.
How does GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet work?
GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting the breakdown of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine by cholinesterase enzyme. Thus, it facilitates the transmission of nerve impulses across the muscle and neuronal junction. This relieves the symptoms associated with myasthenia gravis.
How to take GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle cramps
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased salivation
- Vision problems
- Slurred speech
- Loss of movement in the body
- Muscle stiffness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet
- Can I recommend GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet to a person suffering from the same condition?
- Can I drive while on GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet?
- How is GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet stored?
No, it is not advisable to recommend any drug without the doctor’s consent as the severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual.
No, It is not advisable to drive while taking GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet, as this drug may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
GRAVITOR SR 180mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (15 – 30°C) and in a dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.