What is GRAMONEG SM Suspension used for?
GRAMONEG SM Suspension is used for the treatment of urinary tract infections caused due toKlebsiella, SalmonellaandProteusspecies.
GRAMONEG SM Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GRAMONEG SM Suspension work?
GRAMONEG SM Suspension belongs to the class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. This drug works by killing the pathogenic microorganisms by stopping the production of essential proteins required for its growth and survival.
How to take GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GRAMONEG SM Suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the medicine. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of GRAMONEG SM Suspension, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of GRAMONEG SM Suspension may include:
- Unusual sluggishness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
Drugs that interact with GRAMONEG SM Suspension include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
The following are the most common side effects of GRAMONEG SM Suspension:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sleep disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Severe skin reactions
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GRAMONEG SM Suspension or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GRAMONEG SM Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GRAMONEG SM Suspension during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take GRAMONEG SM Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about GRAMONEG SM Suspension
- Is it safe to take GRAMONEG SM Suspension in patients with porphyria?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
- Can I receive typhoid vaccine while using GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension?
- Is it safe to take GRAMONEG SM Suspension while using Strontium for osteoporosis?
No. It is not safe to take GRAMONEG SM Suspension in patients with porphyria, as it may further worsen the condition.
Liver function, kidney function and complete blood picture must be regularly monitored while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension.
No. Do not receive any live vaccine at least for 1 week after using GRAMONEG SM Suspension. Please consult your doctor.
You must avoid calcium-rich foods, such as milk and other dairy products while taking GRAMONEG SM Suspension.
No. Do not take GRAMONEG SM Suspension while using Strontium for treating osteoporosis. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.