GONAPEPTYL Injection 5ml
What is GONAPEPTYL Injection used for?
GONAPEPTYL Injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
GONAPEPTYL Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GONAPEPTYL Injection work?
GONAPEPTYL Injection belongs to a class of drugs called gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogues. It works by slowing down the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
How to administer GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
GONAPEPTYL Injection injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-administer.
If you miss a dose of GONAPEPTYL Injection , consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
The drugs that interact with GONAPEPTYL Injection are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of GONAPEPTYL Injection :
- Skin rash
- Hot flashes
- Trouble breathing
- Increased thirst
- Unusual weakness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Allergic reaction
- Changes in vision
- Decreased sexual interest
- Shrinking of the testicles
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GONAPEPTYL Injection
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using GONAPEPTYL Injection
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GONAPEPTYL Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Inform the doctor about the usage of GONAPEPTYL Injection if you have to undergo a surgery, including dental surgery.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to GONAPEPTYL Injection .
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing diabetes, depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about GONAPEPTYL Injection
- Is it common to develop persistent pain or redness at the site of injection?
- What are the overdose symptoms of GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
- Do I need to monitor for any laboratory parameters while using GONAPEPTYL Injection ?
The occurrence of pain or redness is rare while using GONAPEPTYL Injection . However, please consult your doctor immediately if this symptom persists or worsens.
The overdose symptoms of GONAPEPTYL Injection may include muscle cramps, allergic reactions, seizures, chills and fever. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood sugar, blood cell counts and ECG while using GONAPEPTYL Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.