GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet 10's
By East West Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet used for?
GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine, which is used to control blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes.
GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet work?
In GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet, Gliclazide belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to release insulin. The endogenously produced insulin helps in lowering the glucose concentration in the blood.
Metformin helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine. It also decreases glucose production in the liver. Thus, it normalises the blood sugar level.
Pioglitazone works by increasing insulin sensitivity through specific receptors and stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet may include:
- Cold sweats
- Extreme weakness
What are the drugs that interact with GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin reactions
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
- Sore throat
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, thyroid problems or heart problems such as high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetic ketoacidosis, heart failure or irregular heart rate.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet:
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
- I am on GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet for type 2 diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet?
You must monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis while taking GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet.
You must continue using GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet until your doctor advises you to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to changes in the blood sugar levels.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet is available only as tablet.
No. Altering the dose of GLYCOZIDE MP Tablet medicine may lead to low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia).
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.