What is GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet used for?
GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet is used to reduce the secretions in the mouth, throat, airway and stomach before the surgery. It is also used for the treatment of stomach ulcers.
GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet work?
GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet is an anti-cholinergic agent. It works by blocking the activity of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. Inhibition of acetylcholine activity leads to a reduction in the gastric acid production. It also controls excessive salivary, tracheobronchial and pharyngeal secretions.
How to use GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet medicine is available in the form of injection and tablet.
- GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet:
- Visual disturbance
- Reduced sweating
- Irregular heartbeats
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dry skin
- Difficulty in urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter worsen the side effects of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart failure or irregular heart beat.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet:
- Does GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet affect fertility and birth control?
- How should GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet?
No. GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet medicine is not known to affect fertility or birth control.
Store the drug at room temperature (25 – 30°C) and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet medicine is available as injection and tablet.
No. There is no need to monitor for any laboratory parameters while using GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet.
No. Do not alter the dose of GLYCOLATE 2mg Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.