What is GLUTAHENZ Infusion used for?
GLUTAHENZ Infusion is used to improve intestinal health and immune system. It is also used to rebuild muscle tissue. It is usually administered to enhance electrolyte absorption and improve endurance before prolonged exercise.
GLUTAHENZ Infusion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLUTAHENZ Infusion work?
GLUTAHENZ Infusion belongs to the class of drugs called nutritious supplements. This drug acts by splitting into glutamine and alanine. Glutamine and alanine are the two amino acids, which can be absorbed by the intestine and helps in rebuilding the muscle tissue.
How to administer GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
GLUTAHENZ Infusion is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of GLUTAHENZ Infusion, please consult the doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of GLUTAHENZ Infusion may include:
- Difficulty breathing
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
Consult your doctor to know about the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
The following are the most common side effects of GLUTAHENZ Infusion:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLUTAHENZ Infusion or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Be cautious if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about GLUTAHENZ Infusion
- How should GLUTAHENZ Infusion be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
- How long can I use GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using GLUTAHENZ Infusion?
- Is it safe to use GLUTAHENZ Infusion in patients with metabolic acidosis?
Store GLUTAHENZ Infusion at a temperature below 8°C.
Follow a regular diet while using GLUTAHENZ Infusion unless any dietary instructions provided by the doctor.
Duration of treatment with GLUTAHENZ Infusion is about three weeks. However, you must use the drug for a prescribed duration.
Liver function test and electrolyte levels must be regularly monitored while using GLUTAHENZ Infusion.
No. It is not safe to use GLUTAHENZ Infusion in patients with metabolic acidosis.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.