GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet 10's
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.50.00 (8% Savings)
Rs.50.00 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet used for?
GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, particularly in those patients who are inadequately controlled with Metformin.
GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet work?
GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called thiazolidinediones. This drug works by increasing the sensitivity of liver, fat and muscle cells to insulin. This lowers the glucose levels in the blood. GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet also works by reducing glucose production by the liver.
How to take GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Tooth problems
- Irregular breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Changes in vision
- Decreased urine output
- Tightness in chest
- Swelling of face/fingers/feet
- Extreme fatigue
- Increased urination
- Discoloured, red or cloudy urine
- Stomach or back pain
- Persistent vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive if you experience dizziness after using GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication.
- Consult your doctor before using GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages as it may alter the absorption of GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medicine.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs.
- Inform your doctor if there is any history of liver disease, oedema or eye problems.
Frequently Asked questions about GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet
- Can GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet be used to treat type 1 diabetes?
- Is it safe to use GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet if I have a history of heart disease?
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while on GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication?
- Can I use birth control pills while taking GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet?
No. GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication is prescribed only for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Consult your doctor before using any drug.
GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet may worsen the existing heart problems. Therefore, consult your doctor about the safe use of GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication while suffering from heart diseases.
Yes, proper diabetic diet and regular exercise are advised while on GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication.
Consult your doctor before using birth control pills while taking GLITARIS 7.5mg Tablet medication, as the drug may cause changes in the menstrual cycle.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.