GLIMET Tablet 10's
By Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is GLIMET Tablet used for?
GLIMET Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. This drug should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise regimen to improve glycemic control.
GLIMET Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLIMET Tablet work?
In GLIMET Tablet, Glipizide belongs to the class of drugs called sulfonylureas. This drug acts by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells and also increasing the peripheral insulin uptake. This helps decrease blood glucose levels.
Metformin belongs to the class of biguanides, which acts by inhibiting the insulin production in the liver and decreasing the intestinal insulin absorption. Thus, it improves the insulin sensitivity by enhancing the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take GLIMET Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GLIMET Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of GLIMET Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GLIMET Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GLIMET Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLIMET Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GLIMET Tablet:
- Frequent urination
- Pain in the lower back
- Painful urination
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Decreased heartbeat
- Haemolytic anaemia
- Hypoglycaemia (decreased blood sugar levels)
- Lactic acidosis
- Persistent cough
- Speech impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GLIMET Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLIMET Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of GLIMET Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GLIMET Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid GLIMET Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take GLIMET Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLIMET Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetic ketoacidosis, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo any surgical procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions about GLIMET Tablet
- Is it safe to take vitamin B12 supplements while on GLIMET Tablet?
- How should GLIMET Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GLIMET Tablet?
- Can I take GLIMET Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GLIMET Tablet?
GLIMET Tablet tend to interfere with the vitamin B12 absorption. Please consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
GLIMET Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels and red blood cell count is advised while on GLIMET Tablet.
No, GLIMET Tablet is prescribed for type 2 diabetic patients only.
No, altering the dose of GLIMET Tablet is not advised. GLIMET Tablet dose should be taken as prescribed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.