GLARITUS 100IU CARTRIDGE 1x3ML
By Wockhardt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge used for?
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge is used for the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge work?
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-diabetic drugs. This drug helps in lowering the blood glucose levels by stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake. It also lowers the blood glucose levels by inhibiting the glucose production by the liver.
How to use GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge is available as an injection and should be administered as per the instructions provided by the doctor.
- For type 1 diabetes, GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before a meal.
- For type 2 diabetes, GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before or after a meal.
Avoid injecting the drug into a skin area that is swollen and red.
If you miss a dose of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge , please consult the doctor.
The overdose symptoms of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge may include:
- Muscle weakness
- Blurred vision
What are the drugs that interact with GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
Drugs that interact with GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
The following are the most common side effects of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge :
- Sore throat
- Redness and swelling at the site of injection
- Trouble breathing
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Slurred speech
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge .
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypokalaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis and liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge
- I am using Captopril for hypertension. Can I use GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
- Can I use GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge for diabetic ketoacidosis?
- What are the other formulations of GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge available?
- How long can I use GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
- Can I drive after using GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge ?
No. Do not use Captopril along with GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge , as it may lead to complications. Please consult your doctor.
No, GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge is only prescribed to treat diabetes mellitus. However, please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of diabetic ketoacidosis.
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge is available only as an injection .
GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge should be used for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication can alter the blood glucose levels.
You must avoid driving if you experience dizziness or drowsiness after using GLARITUS 100IU Cartridge .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.