GETROL Tablet 10's
By Aretaeus Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.6.25 (82% Savings)
Rs.8.00 (77% Savings)
Rs.12.22 (65% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GETROL Tablet used for?
GETROL Tablet is used to control the blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes. It also helps in reducing the complications associated with type 2 diabetes. GETROL Tablet should be used in conjunction with proper diet and exercise regimen for effective glycemic control.
GETROL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GETROL Tablet work?
GETROL Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called oral anti-diabetics. The drug acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to produce insulin. This endogenous insulin helps in lowering the blood glucose concentration.
How to take GETROL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GETROL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before or after the first meal of the day. You must take the drug with an adequate amount of water.
If you miss a dose of GETROL Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GETROL Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GETROL Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GETROL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GETROL Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Swelling of limbs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Allergic skin reactions
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GETROL Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GETROL Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GETROL Tablet.
- Avoid GETROL Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of GETROL Tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking GETROL Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take GETROL Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GETROL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of problems associated with kidneys, liver, adrenal glands or pituitary gland.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GETROL Tablet
- How should GETROL Tablet be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on GETROL Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of GETROL Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GETROL Tablet?
- What are the other formulations available for GETROL Tablet?
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with GETROL Tablet, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
GETROL Tablet is contraindicated in case of type-1 diabetes mellitus, diabetic ketoacidosis, and severe renal or kidney impairment.
No. GETROL Tablet medicine is prescribed based on the health status of an individual. So, it is not safe to alter the dose of GETROL Tablet, unless suggested by the doctor.
GETROL Tablet medicine is available only in the form of a tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.