Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet used for?
GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of problems associated with poor blood circulation. It is recommended for the patients with following conditions:
- Cerebral vascular insufficiency
- Arteriosclerosis obliterans
- Buerger’s disease
- Raynaud’s disease
GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet work?
GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. The drug acts by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it improves the blood flow in the blood vessels.
How to use GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet with or without food.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not open, crush or chew the capsule.
- GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet injection is administered intravenously under the medical supervision.
The overdose symptoms of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
What are the drugs that interact with GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with
- Do not stop GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before taking GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet?
- How should GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet in patients with haemophilia?
Follow the normal diet while using GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet unless your doctor provides any dietary instructions.
Do not change the dose of GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet is contraindicated in case of low blood pressure, bleeding disorders and tachycardia.
Store GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet at room temperature (25 – 30°C), away from the light and moisture.
No. GESTAKIND 10mg Tablet is not safe to use in patients with haemophilia.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.