Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
GENTICYN Eye Drops 10ml
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GENTICYN Eye Drops used for?
GENTICYN Eye Drops injection is used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections caused due toP. aeruginosa, Proteusspecies,E.Coli, Klebsiella-Enterobacter-Serratiaspecies,Citrobacterspecies andStaphylococcusspecies.
GENTICYN Eye Drops eye drops/ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of eyes or eyelids. GENTICYN Eye Drops ear drops is used for the treatment of ear infections such as otitis media or otitis externa.
GENTICYN Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GENTICYN Eye Drops work?
GENTICYN Eye Drops is a broad-spectrum aminoglycoside antibiotic. It is effective against both the gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins for the bacterial growth.
How to use GENTICYN Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use GENTICYN Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
GENTICYN Eye Drops medicine is available in the form of eye drops, ear drops, cream, and injection. Read the instructions and the directions to use on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of GENTICYN Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GENTICYN Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with GENTICYN Eye Drops eye/ear drops include the following:
- Amphotericin B
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GENTICYN Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of GENTICYN Eye Drops eye drops:
- Redness of eye
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eye
The following are the most common side effects of GENTICYN Eye Drops ear drops:
- Hearing loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions GENTICYN Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GENTICYN Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not use the medicine if its colour changes, turns cloudy, or if it contains particulate matter.
- Avoid GENTICYN Eye Drops during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
What should you tell your doctor before using GENTICYN Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eye/ear disorder or eye/ear surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GENTICYN Eye Drops
- Can I stop taking GENTICYN Eye Drops if the symptoms subside?
- How long can I take GENTICYN Eye Drops?
- What are the other formulations of GENTICYN Eye Drops available?
- How should GENTICYN Eye Drops be stored?
- I am on GENTICYN Eye Drops for conjunctivitis. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
No. It is important to complete the prescribed dose of GENTICYN Eye Drops medicine unless instructed by your doctor. Discontinuing the drug suddenly may cause the infection to reoccur.
Use GENTICYN Eye Drops as advised by the doctor. It is prescribed for not more than 7 to 10 days.
Apart from GENTICYN Eye Drops eye drops, cream, ear drops or injection, it is also available in the tablet dosage form.
Store the drug at room temperature and do not freeze. Keep it away from direct sunlight.
No. Use GENTICYN Eye Drops medicine for the full course of treatment. Do not discontinue the drug without doctor’s advice as it may cause a secondary infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.