Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
GENTASON Eye Drops 5ml
By Bdh Indus Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is GENTASON Eye Drops used for?
GENTASON Eye Drops cream /gel/ointment is used for the treatment of allergic or inflammatory skin diseases, such as dermatitis and psoriasis.
GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops are used in the treatment of bacterial eye infections and swelling or inflammation of the eye.
GENTASON Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GENTASON Eye Drops work?
In GENTASON Eye Drops, Betamethasone belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by exhibiting its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties, thereby reducing the allergy or irritation. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms of inflammation.
Gentamicin belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. The drug acts by irreversibly binding to the ribosomal subunit, thereby interrupting the process of protein synthesis. Thus, it reduces the symptoms of bacterial infection.
How to use GENTASON Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use GENTASON Eye Drops cream /gel/ointment/eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of GENTASON Eye Drops cream /gel/ointment to the affected area and rub gently.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of GENTASON Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GENTASON Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with GENTASON Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GENTASON Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of GENTASON Eye Drops cream/gel/ointment :
- Itching of the skin
- Burning or stinging
- Dry skin
- Cracking of the skin
- Blistering or flaking of the skin
The following are the most common side effects of GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops :
- Temporary blurred vision
- Increased ocular pressure
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Increased ocular hyperaemia
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using GENTASON Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to GENTASON Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Avoid getting GENTASON Eye Drops in contact with your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Do not use an excess amount of GENTASON Eye Drops over the skin to avoid pilling.
- Avoid using GENTASON Eye Drops cream on your face, underarms or near the genitals without doctor’s instruction.
- Avoid using GENTASON Eye Drops if you have chickenpox.
You are advised not to use GENTASON Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using GENTASON Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes or skin infections.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about GENTASON Eye Drops
- Can I suggest GENTASON Eye Drops to another person suffering from same symptoms of eye inflammation?
- Is it safe to use GENTASON Eye Drops while having viral skin lesions?
- Is it safe to use GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops while having an eye infection?
- How long can I use GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops?
No. It is not advisable to suggest GENTASON Eye Drops medicine to another person as the severity of the condition may vary from each individual. It should be used only by doctor’s consultation.
No. Avoid using GENTASON Eye Drops while you are having viral skin lesions.
It is not advisable to use GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops while having an eye infection.
GENTASON Eye Drops eye drops should be used for a prescribed duration of time. Prolonged use of the drug may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.