GENEW Capsule 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
What is GENEW Capsule used for?
GENEW Capsule is used treat nutritional deficiencies.
GENEW Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does GENEW Capsule work?
In GENEW Capsule, Levocarnitine is an amino acid derivative. It acts by breaking down the fat to produce energy. Thus, it helps in controlling the essential biological processes in the body.
Lycopene belongs to the class of drugs called antioxidants. It helps in protecting the cells from damage. Zinc acts by providing essential nutrients to the body.
How to take GENEW Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take GENEW Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take GENEW Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of GENEW Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with GENEW Capsule?
Warfarin is the only drug that interacts with GENEW Capsule. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of GENEW Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of GENEW Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stomach ulcer
- Trouble breathing
- Muscle weakness
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking GENEW Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on GENEW Capsule
- Avoid GENEW Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid GENEW Capsule in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid taking GENEW Capsule if you are undergoing dialysis due to kidney disorders.
You are advised not to take GENEW Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration
What should you tell your doctor before taking GENEW Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney disease, bleeding problems etc.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in GENEW Capsule
Frequently Asked questions about GENEW Capsule
- How is GENEW Capsule stored?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking GENEW Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking GENEW Capsule?
GENEW Capsule is stored at room temperature between (20 – 25°C), away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
Yes, it is advised to drink plenty of water and oral rehydration solutions (ORS) to replenish the body with lost electrolytes. Please consult your doctor for a diet plan.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood chemistry and serum carnitine levels regularly while taking GENEW Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.