What is G CIN Tablet used for?
G CIN Tablet is an antibiotic medicine, which is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs such as chronic bronchitis and pneumonia.
G CIN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does G CIN Tablet work?
G CIN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called broad-spectrum quinone or fluoroquinolone antibiotics. The drug acts by blocking the bacterial enzymes that are required for the bacterial DNA replication.
How to take G CIN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take G CIN Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take G CIN Tablet tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of G CIN Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with G CIN Tablet?
The drugs that interact with G CIN Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of G CIN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of G CIN Tablet:
- Body pains
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Skin rash
- Vision problems
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions G CIN Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on G CIN Tablet
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice symptoms such as pain, swelling or inflammation while on G CIN Tablet
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may increase the risk of drug resistance to bacteria.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of G CIN Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight while on G CIN Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take G CIN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking G CIN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to G CIN Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing medical history of seizures, diabetes and skin irritation.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Frequently Asked Questions about G CIN Tablet
- Is it safe to use G CIN Tablet in patients with heart failure?
- Are there any dietary restrictions while using G CIN Tablet? Avoid using dairy products or calcium-fortified juices while taking G CIN Tablet.
- How should G CIN Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of G CIN Tablet?
- How long can I take G CIN Tablet?
No, G CIN Tablet should not be used in case of heart failure patients.
G CIN Tablet is stored at room temperature (25-30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
No, G CIN Tablet dose is prescribed based on the complexity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
G CIN Tablet should be used only for the prescribed period.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.