FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet 4's
By Msd Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet used for?
FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of osteoporosis.
FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet work?
In FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet, Alendronate belongs to the class of drugs called bisphosphonates. The drug acts by inhibiting the activity of osteoclast, which is responsible for bone loss. Thus, it helps in improving the bone strength and reducing the risk of bone fractures.
Cholecalciferol is a nutritional supplement that acts by improving the absorption of calcium in the intestine by binding to the vitamin D receptors, thereby improving the calcium levels in the body and maintaining the bone strength.
How to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet may include the following:
- Painful heartburn
- Pain in oesophagus
- Muscle cramps
- Mood changes
Please seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Ear pain
- Severe bone pain
- Chest pain
- Swelling of joints
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet
- Can FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet be taken after food?
- Is it safe to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet at bedtime?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet?
- Can FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet be taken along with antacids?
No. Taking FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet after food decreases the effect of the drug. So, it is advised to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet on an empty stomach.
No. It is advised not to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet at bedtime, as it increases the risk of oesophageal adverse effects.
It is advised to take calcium-rich diet, such as broccoli, dark leafy vegetables, milk and other dairy products while taking FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet.
No. It is advised not to take FOSAVANCE 70/5600mg Tablet along with antacids, as antacids decrease the effectiveness of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.