FORMOST 100 RESPICAPS 30's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FORMOST 100 Respicaps used for?
FORMOST 100 Respicaps is used for the treatment of asthma. It helps in relieving the symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath associated with asthma.
FORMOST 100 Respicaps may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FORMOST 100 Respicaps work?
FORMOST 100 Respicaps is a combination of long-acting beta-agonist and corticosteroid respectively. Mometasone acts by reducing the irritation and swelling of the airways. Formoterol acts by opening airways in the lungs, which makes the breathing easier.
How to use FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FORMOST 100 Respicaps as prescribed by your doctor.
FORMOST 100 Respicaps should be inhaled by mouth using an inhaler or rotacap and should never be swallowed directly.
If you miss a dose of FORMOST 100 Respicaps, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
Drugs that interact with FORMOST 100 Respicaps include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
The following are the most common side effects of FORMOST 100 Respicaps:
- Dry mouth and throat
- Stomach upset
- Stuffy nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle aches
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
- Weakness or tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FORMOST 100 Respicaps or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FORMOST 100 Respicaps.
- Avoid FORMOST 100 Respicaps during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FORMOST 100 Respicaps medicine.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart problems overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), seizures, a tumour of adrenal gland or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about FORMOST 100 Respicaps
- Can I give FORMOST 100 Respicaps to my 8-year-old child?
- How should FORMOST 100 Respicaps be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
- What are the other formulations available for FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FORMOST 100 Respicaps?
No, the safe use of this drug is not yet established in children. This combination is known to cause slowed or delayed growth in children. Therefore, it should not be used for children below 10 years unless recommended by your doctor.
Store the drug at room temperature. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and moisture.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with FORMOST 100 Respicaps, because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
FORMOST 100 Respicaps medicine is available as inhaler and rotacap.
The overdose symptoms of FORMOST 100 Respicaps drug include chest pain, severe headache, excessive sweating, and dizziness. You must consult the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms while on FORMOST 100 Respicaps.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.