Rs.75.40 (65% Savings)
Rs.110.00 (49% Savings)
Rs.136.78 (37% Savings)
Rs.137.50 (37% Savings)
Rs.145.00 (33% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is FORCEF 250mg Tablet used for?
FORCEF 250mg Tablet suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as:
- Ear infections
- Otitis media
- Urinary tract infections
FORCEF 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FORCEF 250mg Tablet work?
FORCEF 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby causing the death of bacteria. Thus, it helps in reducing the bacterial infections.
How to take FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FORCEF 250mg Tablet suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food.
- Shake the suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of FORCEF 250mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FORCEF 250mg Tablet may include the following:
- Difficulty in breathing
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FORCEF 250mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FORCEF 250mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe stomach pain
- Dark urine
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to FORCEF 250mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FORCEF 250mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FORCEF 250mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid FORCEF 250mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take FORCEF 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FORCEF 250mg Tablet
- Can I receive vaccines while taking FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
- Can FORCEF 250mg Tablet be used to treat common cold?
- What are the contraindications of FORCEF 250mg Tablet?
- How should FORCEF 250mg Tablet be stored?
No. It is not advised to receive any vaccinations while taking FORCEF 250mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor if your vaccine is due.
No. FORCEF 250mg Tablet is only used to treats bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor in case of viral infections, such as common cold.
FORCEF 250mg Tablet is contraindicated in inflammatory bowel disease, phenylketonuria and if hypersensitive to penicillin.
FORCEF 250mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.