FOLFIT Tablet 10's
By Micro Labs Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is FOLFIT Tablet used for?
FOLFIT Tablet is a supplement used for the treatment of nutritional deficiencies. It is also used to meet the nutritional requirements in patients with end-stage renal failure and liver failure. This combination is also indicated for the patients with the following conditions:
- Heart diseases
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Neurological disorders
FOLFIT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FOLFIT Tablet work?
In FOLFIT Tablet, Folic Acid belongs to the vitamin B group. The drug acts by converting into analogues, which are transported across the cells to maintain normal production and maturation of red blood cells.
Mecobalamin belongs to the vitamin B group, which acts by increasing the red blood cell production by enhancing the nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow.
Pyridoxine belongs to vitamin B group. It helps in the metabolism of amino acids, synthesis of nucleic acids and haemoglobin.
How to take FOLFIT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FOLFIT Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the FOLFIT Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of FOLFIT Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FOLFIT Tablet may include:
- Skin rash
- Abdominal cramps
What are the drugs that interact with FOLFIT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FOLFIT Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FOLFIT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FOLFIT Tablet:
- Decrease in libido
- Memory impairment
- Muscle cramps
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Bone pain
- Persistent vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions FOLFIT Tablet?
- Avoid FOLFIT Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on FOLFIT Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the FOLFIT Tablet cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid FOLFIT Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take FOLFIT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FOLFIT Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in FOLFIT Tablet
Frequently Asked Questions about FOLFIT Tablet
- How should FOLFIT Tablet be stored?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FOLFIT Tablet?
- Can I use FOLFIT Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- How long can I take FOLFIT Tablet?
- Can I use an antacid while taking FOLFIT Tablet?
Store the FOLFIT Tablet at room temperature (20 – 25OC) and in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.
The overdose symptoms of FOLFIT Tablet include persistent vomiting, restlessness, and agitation. You must consult the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, FOLFIT Tablet should be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed.
It is recommended to take the FOLFIT Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
You can use antacid two hours before or after taking FOLFIT Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.