Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is FLUPRED Eye Drops used for?
FLUPRED Eye Drops eye drop is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Eye swelling
- Eye pain
- Endogenous anterior uveitis
FLUPRED Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLUPRED Eye Drops work?
FLUPRED Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of certain chemicals that cause inflammation.
How to use FLUPRED Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FLUPRED Eye Drops eye drop as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of FLUPRED Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FLUPRED Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with FLUPRED Eye Drops include the following:
- Amphotericin B
- Smallpox vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLUPRED Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of FLUPRED Eye Drops:
- Blurred vision
- Eye redness
- Watery eyes
- Mild irritation
- Discomfort in bright light
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Signs of new infection (swelling, draining and crusting of eyes)
- Change in colour of iris
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FLUPRED Eye Drops?
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLUPRED Eye Drops causes dizziness.
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instil other eye drops.
You are advised not to use FLUPRED Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using FLUPRED Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while using FLUPRED Eye Drops.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as current or past eye infection, cataracts and glaucoma.
Frequently Asked Questions about FLUPRED Eye Drops
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FLUPRED Eye Drops?
- Is headache a side effect of FLUPRED Eye Drops?
- Can I recommend FLUPRED Eye Drops to others?
It is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes. Headache is one of the common side effects of FLUPRED Eye Drops. However consult your physician if it is severe.
It is not advisable to recommend FLUPRED Eye Drops to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.