Rs.60.98 (40% Savings)
Rs.75.00 (27% Savings)
Rs.75.03 (27% Savings)
Rs.75.15 (26% Savings)
Rs.97.11 (5% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is FLUNIL 60mg Capsule used for?
FLUNIL 60mg Capsule capsule/tablet, syrup is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic attacks
- Major depressive disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
FLUNIL 60mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLUNIL 60mg Capsule work?
FLUNIL 60mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). The drug acts by preventing and regulating the reuptake of serotonin that is present in specific parts of the brain, which increases the free serotonin and triggers the nerve cells in the brain. Thus, it maintains mental health balance.
How to take FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take FLUNIL 60mg Capsule capsule/tablet, syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of FLUNIL 60mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FLUNIL 60mg Capsule include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with FLUNIL 60mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of FLUNIL 60mg Capsule:
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness
- Trouble sleeping
- Itching, hives or skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle spasms
- Suicidal thoughts
- Decreased libido
- Irregular heartbeat
- Vision changes
- Tarry, black or bloody stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FLUNIL 60mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLUNIL 60mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Consult your doctor before taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medicine during pregnancy as it can develop certain side effects in the newborn infant.
- Shake the suspension well before using each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
You are advised not to take FLUNIL 60mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes or narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or drug abuse.
Frequently Asked Questions about FLUNIL 60mg Capsule
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medication?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule?
- Can I take FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medication while being treated with electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)?
- How much time does FLUNIL 60mg Capsule take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to take FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medicine during breastfeeding?
Avoid alcohol consumption while on FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medication as it can increase the risk of side effects.
People with diabetes should monitor their blood glucose levels, as FLUNIL 60mg Capsule may interfere with the sugar levels.
Inform your doctor before taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medication if you are undergoing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) treatment.
It takes two to four weeks for FLUNIL 60mg Capsule to show its effect.
Consult your doctor before taking FLUNIL 60mg Capsule medication during breastfeeding as the drug is known to pass through the breast milk, which may cause harm to the nursing infant.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.