What is FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet used for?
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet injection/tablet is used for the treatment of schizophrenia and depression.
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet work?
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called first generation anti-psychotic drugs. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain receptors in the brain, thereby reducing the psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations, delusions, paranoia and confusion.
How to use FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet injection/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food.
- FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet combination may include the following:
- Fast heartbeat
- Difficulty in breathing
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet:
- Pain at the site of injection
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle stiffness
- Increased salivation
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or any other psychiatric disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet
- How should FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the contraindications of FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
- How much time does FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet take to show its effect?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while using FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet?
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet is contraindicated in cardiovascular disorders and subcortical brain damage.
FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet takes about 24 hours to show its action, and it has a long-acting effect. So, it is advised to take FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet once in every two to three weeks or as prescribed by the doctor.
Yes, it is advised to undergo complete blood picture, liver function test and urine test while using FLUANXOL 0.5mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.