FLOKIND F TABLET 10'S
By MANKIND PHARMA PVT LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top generic available
What is Finasteride + Tamsulosin used for?
Finasteride + Tamsulosin capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Finasteride + Tamsulosin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Finasteride + Tamsulosin work?
In Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination, Finasteride belongs to the class of drugs called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, which blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Thus, it helps in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Tamsulosin belongs to the class of drugs called alpha-blockers. The drug acts by blocking the certain receptors by causing relaxation of smooth muscles in the prostate. Thus, it decreases the frequency of urination.
How to take Finasteride + Tamsulosin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination include the following:
- Severe dizziness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Finasteride + Tamsulosin?
Drugs that interact with Finasteride + Tamsulosin include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Finasteride + Tamsulosin?
The following are the most common side effects of Finasteride + Tamsulosin:
- Decreased libido
- Swelling of the lips
- Tooth disorders
- Postural hypotension
- Trouble in having orgasm
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Pain in the testicles
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Finasteride + Tamsulosin?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid strenuous exercises or standing long periods in hot weather.
You are advised not to take Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of low blood pressure, prostate cancer, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination?
- How should Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination be stored?
- Is it safe to take Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination prior to an eye surgery?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameter while taking Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination?
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture.
Inform your doctor about the use of Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination medicine as it can affect the pupils during cataract surgery.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure and urinary symptoms while taking Finasteride + Tamsulosin combination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.