Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet used for?
FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet is used for the treatment of cognitive disorders, such as cortical myoclonus and cerebrocortical insufficiency.
FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet work?
FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cognitive enhancers. This drug acts by reducing the erythrocyte adhesion to vascular endothelium and facilitating the blood circulation. It alters the mechanism of neurochemicals and improves the oxygen supply to the brain. It also acts by inhibiting platelet aggregation, which reduces blood viscosity and improves blood flow.
How to use FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet injection should be administered under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet may include:
What are the drugs that interact with FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
Drugs that interact with FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the symptoms of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Do not use FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet medication without doctor’s prescription.
You are advised not to use FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of brain haemorrhage or renal impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs such as levothyroxine, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet?
- Can FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet be used during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet in geriatric patients?
- Is it common to gain weight while on FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet medication?
- What are the formulations of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet available?
No. Altering the dose of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor before using FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet medication, as the safety of the drug during pregnancy has not been established.
Be cautious while using FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet medication in older adults as they are easily prone to the risk of side effects. The doctor may suggest for dose adjustment in patients with kidney diseases.
Yes. Weight gain is one of the common side effects of FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
FLOCETAM 1.2gm Tablet is available as a capsule, injection, syrup and tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.