What is FINETEARS Eye Drops used for?
FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops are used to treat dry eyes.
FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet is used for the treatment of peptic ulcer and gastritis.
FINETEARS Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does FINETEARS Eye Drops work?
FINETEARS Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called mucosal protective agents. FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet works by preventing the mucosal damage of the gut by reducing the oxidative stress. It also helps in increasing the synthesis of prostaglandin in the duodenal wall, which improves the healing process.
FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops work by enhancing the secretion of mucin and decreasing tear hyperosmolarity. This helps in relieving symptoms such as dry eye, foreign body sensation and blurred vision.
How to use FINETEARS Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use FINETEARS Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take FINETEARS Eye Drops with or without food.
- Instil one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of FINETEARS Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with FINETEARS Eye Drops?
Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of FINETEARS Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops:
- Eye irritation
- Blurred vision
- Vision problems
The following are the common side effects of FINETEARS Eye Drops tablets:
- Skin rash
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using FINETEARS Eye Drops?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on FINETEARS Eye Drops
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue while using FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet.
- Do not store the eye drops in the freezer.
What should you tell your doctor before using FINETEARS Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to FINETEARS Eye Drops.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing eye diseases, heart disease, liver dysfunction or kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about FINETEARS Eye Drops
- Can I discontinue using FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops when I feel better?
- Is it safe to take antacids while on FINETEARS Eye Drops?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops?
Do not stop using FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the infection to return.
You must avoid taking antacids that contain magnesium while using FINETEARS Eye Drops tablet. Please consult your doctor.
Yes, you must increase the intake of foods rich in fibre, as FINETEARS Eye Drops may cause constipation. Consult your doctor for a change in your diet.
The overdose symptoms of FINETEARS Eye Drops eye drops are itchy eyes, blurred vision and watery eyes. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.