- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
FEMIDOXIN TABLET is a combination of Doxylamine Succinate, Folic acid and Pyridoxine which belongs to the group of medicines called Antihistamines and Vitamins respectively. It is used to prevent nausea and vomiting in pregnant women when changes in diet or other non-medicine treatments have not worked.
Before taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET inform your doctor if you have ever had asthma, glaucoma, stomach ulcer, blockages in the bladder or intestine.
FEMIDOXIN TABLET is safe to use in pregnant women. It is not recommended for use in breastfeeding mothers. Contact you are doctor before taking it.
The most common side effects of taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET are anorexia, nausea, constipation, abdominal distension, flatulence, dry mouth, drowsiness etc. Consult your doctor if any of the above symptoms worsen.
FEMIDOXIN TABLET is a combination of Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine and Folic Acid, works by suppressing the activation of a chemical messenger called histamine that alert our brain about the sense of discomfort or supress the signals that create the feeling of nausea or vomiting, dizziness in a pregnant woman.
Take FEMIDOXIN TABLET as advised by your physician. It should be taken on an empty stomach. Swallow FEMIDOXIN TABLET with a glass of water and do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
Stop taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET and contact your physician immediately if you experience the following side effects:
Eat smaller and frequent meals. Eat and drink slowly and exercise regularly. If the flatulence does not improve, contact your doctor.
Try to rest and relax. Get enough sleep. Avoid driving or operate any machines while you are feeling drowsy. Do not drink alcohol, as it can aggravate your drowsiness. Contact your doctor if your drowsiness did not improve.
Take FEMIDOXIN TABLET, with or just after a meal. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oily or spicy food. Contact your doctor if your nausea did not improve.
Dry mouth can be managed by chewing sugar-free gum or sucking on sugar-free hard candies to stimulate the flow of saliva. Sip water at regular intervals of time. Do not use mouthwashes that contain alcohol because they can be drying. Consult your doctor if the dry mouth gets worse.
Try to rest and relax. Eat small meals but take frequently. Keep a heat pad on your stomach. Contact your doctor if the stomach pain worsens.
FEMIDOXIN TABLET is safe to use in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking it.
FEMIDOXIN TABLET is not recommended for use in breastfeeding mothers due to the effects of this medicine on the brain in nursing infants. Contact you are doctor before taking it.
Do not drive or operate any machines if you feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET.
Avoid alcohol consumption while using FEMIDOXIN TABLET as it leads to excessive drowsiness.
Do not take FEMIDOXIN TABLET if you are allergic to Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine, Folic Acid or other antihistamines (such as diphenhydramine) or to other ingredients of this medicine.
Before taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET, inform your doctor if you have ever had asthma.
Before taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET, inform your doctor if you have:
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET, inform your physician if you are taking any of the following medicine:
If you or anyone else accidentally use too much of FEMIDOXIN TABLET, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
|Drug||:||Doxylamine Succinate, Folic acid and Pyridoxine|
|Pharmacological Category||:||Antihistamines, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B6|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Prevents nausea and vomiting in pregnant women|
|Dosage Forms||:||Tablet, Capsule|
Q: Is FEMIDOXIN TABLET safe in pregnant women?
A: FEMIDOXIN TABLET is safe and well-tolerated by pregnant women. It helps to treat nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you have any history of organ damage before taking this medication. This medication may include inactive ingredients that may cause an allergic response. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any side effects.
Q: How often can I take FEMIDOXIN TABLET?
A: Take FEMIDOXIN TABLET as advised by your physician. It should be taken on an empty stomach and take two tablets or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight and disease condition.
Q: Is FEMIDOXIN TABLET safe for breastfeeding women?
A: Due to the CNS (Central Nervous System) effects of Doxylamine succinate present in this medicine on nursing infants, women should not breastfeed while taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Q: What is the best time to take FEMIDOXIN TABLET?
A: Usually FEMIDOXIN TABLET prescribed at bedtime. Take as advised by your doctor. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration of FEMIDOXIN TABLET for you depending on your age, weigh and disease condition.
Q: What to do if I forget to take FEMIDOXIN TABLET?
A: If you forget to take a dose of FEMIDOXIN TABLET, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the usual prescribed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. As this may increases the chances of getting unwanted side effects.
Q: Can I stop taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET, even though you feel better. Your symptoms may come back if you stop taking FEMIDOXIN TABLET. Inform your doctor before stopping it.
Q: Does FEMIDOXIN TABLET cause dry mouth?
A: Yes, this medicine may cause dry mouth as a side effect. Drink plenty of water and avoid foods that are salty, acidic or spicy in this case. Consult your doctor if dry mouth persists.
1. Laurence L. Brunton, Randa Hilal-Dandan, Bjorn C. Knollmann. Gastrointestinal Motility and Water Flux, Emesis and Biliary and Pancreatic Disease. Hematopoietic Agents: Growth Factors, Minerals and Vitamins. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological basics of Therapeutics. 13th Edition. 2018. Page – 938 and 764.
2. Gideon Koren, Shannon Clark, Gary D V Hankins, Steve N Caritis, Jason G Umans, Menachem Miodovnik, Donald R Mattison and Ilan Matok. Maternal safety of the delayed-release doxylamine and pyridoxine combination for nausea and vomiting of pregnancy; a randomized placebo controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. March 2015. [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12884-015-0488-1
3. Nina Nuangchamnong and Jennifer Niebyl. Doxylamine succinate–pyridoxine hydrochloride (Diclegis) for the management of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy: an overview. NIH National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubMed Central. April 2014. [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990370/
4. James A Greenberg, Stacey J Bell, Yong Guan and Yan-hong Yu. Folic Acid Supplementation and Pregnancy: More Than Just Neural Tube Defect Prevention. NIH National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubMed Central. 2011 [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3218540/
5. Mapra Laboratories Private Limited. Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Folic Acid. [Revised in August 2021] [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.mapra.com/pdf/Dol%20B6%20Tablets.pdf
6. Pregfy (Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Folic Acid). Aden Healthcare. [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.adenhealthcare.com/product/doxylamine-succinate-20mg-pyridoxine-hcl-20mg-folic-acid-5mg
7. Sinate (Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Folic Acid. Serum Institute of India Pvt Ltd. [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.seruminstitute.com/product_ind_sinate.php
8. DPF-Forte (Doxylamine Succinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Folic Acid). Apikos Pharma. [Accessed on 30th January 2023]. https://www.apikospharma.com/product/dpf-forte/
Additional Discount on this product
Please get a call back from our expert
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.