What is EVOLEX 5mg Tablet used for?
EVOLEX 5mg Tablet tablet, powder, suppository is used for the treatment of hard stools (constipation).
EVOLEX 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EVOLEX 5mg Tablet work?
EVOLEX 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. The drug acts by increasing the bowel movements. Thus, it helps in cleansing the colon and treating constipation.
How to use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet tablet/powder/suppository as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Empty the powder into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately.
- Insert EVOLEX 5mg Tablet suppository into the rectum as directed by the physician. Please follow extra instructions provided in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of EVOLEX 5mg Tablet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of EVOLEX 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Abdominal cramps
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with EVOLEX 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with EVOLEX 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EVOLEX 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of EVOLEX 5mg Tablet:
- Excessive diarrhoea
- Fluid imbalance
- Burning sensation in the rectum
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle cramps
- Persistent nausea
- Decreased urination
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mood changes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using EVOLEX 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EVOLEX 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on EVOLEX 5mg Tablet medication.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using EVOLEX 5mg Tablet medicine during breastfeeding.
- Avoid using rectal EVOLEX 5mg Tablet if you have haemorrhoids or anal fissures.
- Do use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet medication in children below 2 years without consulting a doctor.
You are advised not to use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using EVOLEX 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of eating disorders, ulcerative colitis or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have sudden bowel changes that are lasting for more than 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions about EVOLEX 5mg Tablet
- How long can I take EVOLEX 5mg Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet if I have any intestinal disorder?
- Can EVOLEX 5mg Tablet suppository be used in geriatric patients?
Avoid using EVOLEX 5mg Tablet tablet for more than one week, unless told by the doctor. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Consult your doctor before using EVOLEX 5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy, as using the drug for a longer duration of time during pregnancy is not recommended.
No, it is not advised to use EVOLEX 5mg Tablet if you have any history of the intestinal disorder. However, please consult your doctor.
It is not advisable to use rectal EVOLEX 5mg Tablet in geriatric patients without doctor’s consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.