Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ESAM LT Tablet 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
(max. Rs. 3000)
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ESAM LT Tablet used for?
ESAM LT Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension and certain heart complications.
ESAM LT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ESAM LT Tablet work?
In ESAM LT Tablet combination, Losartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. The drug acts by blocking angiotensin II receptor that causes vasoconstriction. Thus, Losartan relaxes the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
S-Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the smooth muscles of the myocardium. It causes relaxation and vasodilation of vascular smooth muscles. Thus, it increases the supply of oxygen to the myocardial tissues.
How to take ESAM LT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ESAM LT Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ESAM LT Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ESAM LT Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
What are the drugs that interact with ESAM LT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ESAM LT Tablet include the following:
- Phenyl Salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ESAM LT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ESAM LT Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased hunger
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Lower back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest tightness
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Black stools
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ESAM LT Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ESAM LT Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ESAM LT Tablet combination medicine.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid taking ESAM LT Tablet combination medicine during breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ESAM LT Tablet combination medicine causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take ESAM LT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ESAM LT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ESAM LT Tablet
- Is it safe to use ESAM LT Tablet combination medication while suffering from low blood pressure?
- How can ESAM LT Tablet combination drug be stored?
- Do I need to follow any special dietary precautions while taking ESAM LT Tablet combination medicine?
- Is ESAM LT Tablet combination safe to use during pregnancy?
No. Avoid using ESAM LT Tablet combination drug if your blood pressure is low (hypotension), as it may further worsen the condition.
ESAM LT Tablet combination drug should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and excess moisture.
You must avoid consumption of grapefruit juice while taking ESAM LT Tablet combination medication.
No. Avoid using ESAM LT Tablet drug during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.