What is ENZAR Forte Tablet used for?
ENZAR Forte Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Cystic fibrosis of pancreas
ENZAR Forte Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENZAR Forte Tablet work?
In ENZAR Forte Tablet, Sodium Tauroglycocholate belongs to the class of drugs called digestives. The drug acts by improving the process of digestion by absorbing fats and fat soluble vitamins from food. Thus, it helps in improving the intestine motility.
Pancreatin belongs to the class of drugs called digestives. The drug acts by hydrolysing certain components required for the proper digestion of food.
How to take ENZAR Forte Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ENZAR Forte Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ENZAR Forte Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ENZAR Forte Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ENZAR Forte Tablet include the following:
- Carbonyl iron
- Folic acid
- Tartaric acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENZAR Forte Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ENZAR Forte Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Frequent urination
- Severe abdominal discomfort
- Joint pain
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ENZAR Forte Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ENZAR Forte Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ENZAR Forte Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ENZAR Forte Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ENZAR Forte Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take ENZAR Forte Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ENZAR Forte Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ENZAR Forte Tablet
- How should ENZAR Forte Tablet be stored?
- Can ENZAR Forte Tablet be used for treating postoperative digestive upsets?
- Can ENZAR Forte Tablet be taken along with antacids?
Store ENZAR Forte Tablet at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes. ENZAR Forte Tablet can be used for treating postoperative digestive upsets when recommended by the doctor.
No. Do not take ENZAR Forte Tablet along with antacids, as it causes drug interactions.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.