ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet used for?
ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hepatitis B infection.
ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet work?
ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nucleoside analogues. It works by inhibiting hepatitis B viral polymerase by blocking the reverse transcriptase activity. Thus, it inhibits the synthesis and multiplication of viral DNA.
How to take ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face, tongue and throat
- Loss of appetite
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficulty swallowing
- Increased heart rate
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet
- How should ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I take Aspirin for treating headache while on ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
- Is it normal to gain weight while taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet?
ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30 °C) away from sunlight.
It is advisable not to take any drug while on ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet as it may cause drug interactions. Therefore, please consult your doctor before taking any drug.
Yes. You should be monitored for liver function while taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor for further information.
Please consult your doctor if you gain weight while taking ENTEHEP 0.5mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.