Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops used for?
ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops ophthalmic solution/ointment is used for the treatment of eye infections caused due to bacterial species such asS. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, S. aureus, M. pneumoniae, C. pneumoniae, L. pneumophila,andS. pyogenes.ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops is mostly indicated for the individuals with conjunctivitis (pink eye).
ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops work?
ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops belongs to the fluoroquinolone group of antibiotics. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is effective against both the gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. It acts by inhibiting certain bacterial enzymes and blocking the bacterial DNA replication process.
How to use ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Before using the medication, read the instructions and the directions to use on the leaflet provided along with the medicine.
If you miss a dose of ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
Consult the doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops:
- Blurred vision
- Eye discharge
- Irritation, pain, dryness, or redness of the eyes
- Watery eyes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of mouth, face, lips
- Persistent redness in the eye
- Swelling of the eye or eyelid
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not use the medicine if its colour changes, turns cloudy, or if it contains particles.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops as it causes blurred vision temporarily.
- Do not wear contact lenses while you instil ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops eye drops.
You are advised not to use ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before use ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of any eye disorders, neurological disorder or eye surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops
- Can I stop taking ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops if the symptoms subside?
- What are the other formulations of G atifloxacin?
- Is ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops similar to Ofloxacin?
- How should ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops eye drops be stored?
- How long can I take ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops?
No. It is important to complete the prescribed course of ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops medicine unless instructed by the doctor.
ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops medicine is available in the form of eye drops, eye ointment and solution.
Both ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops and Ofloxacin belong to fluoroquinolone group of antibiotics. These drugs are used for different purposes. Consult your doctor if you have to use any of the two drugs.
Store ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops eye drops at room temperature and do not freeze it.
Use ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops as prescribed by the doctor. Long-term or repeated use of ENGATT 0.3% Eye Drops may cause a secondary infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.