What is ENDACE 160mg Tablet used for?
ENDACE 160mg Tablet is primarily used for the treatment of breast cancer and endometrial cancer. It is also used as a supportive therapy for anorexia and cachexia (muscle wasting).
ENDACE 160mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENDACE 160mg Tablet work?
ENDACE 160mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called hormonal agents. This drug is a potent agonist of progesterone that acts by lowering the levels of oestrogen in the body, which inhibits the cancer growth stimulated by oestrogen.
How to take ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ENDACE 160mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ENDACE 160mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ENDACE 160mg Tablet may include:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Unsteady gait
What are the drugs that interact with ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ENDACE 160mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ENDACE 160mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Fluid retention
- Hot flashes
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Vaginal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ENDACE 160mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid ENDACE 160mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
You are advised not to take ENDACE 160mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ENDACE 160mg Tablet
- How should ENDACE 160mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ENDACE 160mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use ENDACE 160mg Tablet in diabetic patients?
- What are the other formulations of ENDACE 160mg Tablet available?
ENDACE 160mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature, in a cool and dry place.
Physical examination, blood electrolyte levels, blood sugar levels and heart function tests must be regularly monitored while using ENDACE 160mg Tablet.
No. It is not safe to use ENDACE 160mg Tablet in diabetic patients, as the drug may further increase the blood sugar levels.
ENDACE 160mg Tablet is available as a tablet and oral suspension.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.