ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet 30's
By Abbott India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet used for?
ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet work?
In ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet, Enalapril belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. The drug acts by catalyzing the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, thereby stimulating the secretion of aldosterone by the adrenal gland. Thus, it helps in relaxing the blood vessels and lowering the blood pressure.
Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called diuretics. The drug acts by inhibiting the transport of sodium ions across the renal tubular epithelium, thereby increasing the excretion of sodium, chloride water from the body. Thus, it helps in eliminating excess salts and lowers the blood pressure.
How to take ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Muscle pain
- Unusual weakness
- Increased thirst
- Severe dizziness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Levomethadyl acetate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet:
- Muscle cramps
- Blurred vision
- Mild skin rash
- Stomach upset
- Increased sweating
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Weight gain
- Fever or chills
- Flu-like symptoms
- Decreased urination
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
- Consult your doctor before taking ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet during breastfeeding.
- Avoid using potassium or salt substitutes while taking ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet medicine.
- Avoid doing strenuous exercises or staying in hot weather for a longer duration of time while on ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take ENACE D 2.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.