What is EMSULIDE P Tablet used for?
EMSULIDE P Tablet is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation in conditions such as arthritis, dysmenorrhoea and migraine.
EMSULIDE P Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EMSULIDE P Tablet work?
EMSULIDE P Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-inflammatory agents. This combination acts by blocking the synthesis of certain inflammation-causing agents. Thus, it helps in relieving pain and inflammation.
How to take EMSULIDE P Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take EMSULIDE P Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take EMSULIDE P Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of EMSULIDE P Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with EMSULIDE P Tablet?
Drugs that interact with EMSULIDE P Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EMSULIDE P Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of EMSULIDE P Tablet:
- Swelling facial features
- Decreased urine output
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Kidney failure
- High blood pressure
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Liver failure
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions EMSULIDE P Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if EMSULIDE P Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on EMSULIDE P Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of EMSULIDE P Tablet.
- Avoid EMSULIDE P Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EMSULIDE P Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking EMSULIDE P Tablet if you have any kidney, heart or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take EMSULIDE P Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EMSULIDE P Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastric ulcer, infections, oedema, hypertension, liver or kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about EMSULIDE P Tablet
- How should EMSULIDE P Tablet be stored?
- Can I stop taking EMSULIDE P Tablet if the pain subsides?
- How long should I take EMSULIDE P Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking EMSULIDE P Tablet?
Store EMSULIDE P Tablet at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
No, it is not advised to discontinue the medication without doctor’s consent.
EMSULIDE P Tablet should be taken for a prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you should discontinue the medication.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure and liver enzymes regularly while taking EMSULIDE P Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.