Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is EMBETA 25mg Tablet used for?
EMBETA 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, angina and heart attack.
EMBETA 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EMBETA 25mg Tablet work?
EMBETA 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. This drug acts on the B1 receptors of the heart causing blood vessels to relax. This lowers the blood pressure and decreases the sodium and water retention.
How to take EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take EMBETA 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of EMBETA 25mg Tablet, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with EMBETA 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of EMBETA 25mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Discolouration of the skin
- Loss of interest
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual tiredness
- Chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EMBETA 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause chest pain and alter the blood pressure.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take EMBETA 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about EMBETA 25mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
- Can I consume alcohol while on EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
- What are the available forms of EMBETA 25mg Tablet?
Contraindications of EMBETA 25mg Tablet include diabetes, depression, sick sinus syndrome, asthma, and psoriasis.
You must monitor your blood pressure on a regular basis while on EMBETA 25mg Tablet.
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended while using EMBETA 25mg Tablet, as it can increase the risk side effects of EMBETA 25mg Tablet.
EMBETA 25mg Tablet is available as an injectable solution, oral tablet, oral extended-release tablet and compounding powder.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.