Rs.141.00 (28% Savings)
Rs.170.00 (13% Savings)
Rs.173.00 (11% Savings)
What is ELOCON Cream used for?
ELOCON Cream is used for the treatment of following skin conditions:
- Skin irritation
ELOCON Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELOCON Cream work?
ELOCON Cream belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in suppressing the inflammation.
How to apply ELOCON Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ELOCON Cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying the medication, make sure that the area to be treated is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mometasone furoate on the affected area and rub it gently.
The overdose symptoms of ELOCON Cream may include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin burn
What are the drugs that interact with ELOCON Cream?
Omacetaxine is the only drug that may interact with Mometasone furoate. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELOCON Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of ELOCON Cream:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin irritation
- Loss of elasticity
- Darkened skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ELOCON Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELOCON Cream or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use ELOCON Cream for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Do not use ELOCON Cream medication on the face or genital areas.
- Be cautious while using ELOCON Cream over chronic skin infections.
- Avoid using the medication over dressings, bandages.
What should you tell your doctor before using ELOCON Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sensitive skin.
- Inform your doctor before using ELOCON Cream medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about ELOCON Cream
- Is it safe to apply ELOCON Cream over a damaged skin?
- Can ELOCON Cream be used to treat diaper rash?
- Is it common to experience swelling or redness while using ELOCON Cream medication?
- How long can ELOCON Cream be used?
- Is it safe to use a larger dose of ELOCON Cream for faster recovery?
Avoid using ELOCON Cream over cuts, wounds, irritated and damaged skin. Please consult your doctor.
No. Do not use ELOCON Cream to treat a diaper rash. Please consult your doctor.
Swelling and redness of the skin are common side effects of ELOCON Cream. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms persist or worsens.
ELOCON Cream should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. Avoid using a larger dose of the medication as it may lead to skin burn or peeling of skin. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.