What is ELINA 10mg Tablet used for?
ELINA 10mg Tablet is used to treat symptoms of certain allergies. It is used in the treatment of following conditions, such as
- Allergic rhinitis
- Itchy throat
- Allergies that cause irritation of the eyes and nose
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria
ELINA 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELINA 10mg Tablet work?
ELINA 10mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. Histamine is responsible for the allergic reactions. This drug acts by inhibiting the histamine release from the mast cells and reducing the allergic symptoms.
How to take ELINA 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ELINA 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ELINA 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ELINA 10mg Tablet may include:
- Severe drowsiness
- Allergic reactions
What are the drugs that interact with ELINA 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ELINA 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELINA 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ELINA 10mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ELINA 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELINA 10mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages as it may alter the absorption of ELINA 10mg Tablet.
- Use ELINA 10mg Tablet with caution in children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ELINA 10mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking ELINA 10mg Tablet medication while having conditions like epilepsy, glaucoma or prostatic hypertrophy.
You are advised not to take ELINA 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ELINA 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypokalemia (decreased potassium levels).
Frequently Asked questions about ELINA 10mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use ELINA 10mg Tablet while having diabetes?
- Can I suggest ELINA 10mg Tablet to the other person with same symptoms?
- Is ELINA 10mg Tablet safe to use in geriatric patients?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking ELINA 10mg Tablet medication?
- Is it safe to take ELINA 10mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy?
Be cautious while taking ELINA 10mg Tablet medicine while having diabetes. However, consult your doctor about the safe use.
No. It is not advisable to suggest the drug to any other person. ELINA 10mg Tablet medication should be taken by doctor’s prescription.
Be cautious while using ELINA 10mg Tablet in geriatric patients as it can increase the risk of side effects and may cause an irregular heartbeat.
Include fibre-rich foods in your diet as constipation is one of the most common side effects of ELINA 10mg Tablet medicine.
Consult your doctor before taking ELINA 10mg Tablet medication during pregnancy as the safety of the drug is not yet established.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.