ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection
What is ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection used for?
ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection is a hormone antagonist, which is used to treat prostrate cancer. It is also indicated for individuals with the following conditions:
- Central precocious puberty
- Anaemia due to uterine fibroids
ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection work?
ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called hormone antagonists. It works by binding to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor and inhibits its secretion. Inhibition of gonadotropin-releasing hormone secretion may lead to decrease in testosterone and oestrogen levels. The decrease in testosterone levels slows down the growth of cancer cells in the prostate gland. Also, it slows down the process of puberty.
How to use ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection medicine is available as injection. It should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection :
- Increased sweating
- Night sweats
- Stomach upset
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Shrinking of the testicles
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection .
- Check your liver function and cholesterol levels if you are using ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection for endometriosis.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood fats, stroke or blood clots.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection
- Can ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection drug cause dizziness?
- Can I use ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection for ovarian cancer?
- What is the usual dose of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection for endometriosis?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection for prostate cancer?
- Can ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection affect the growth of a child?
Yes. ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection drug can cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
No. ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection should not be used for ovarian cancer. Consult your doctor before use. Do not self-medicate.
The recommended dose of ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection for endometriosis is one injection per month for 6 months.
Testosterone levels, prostate-specific antigen, blood sugar levels, and heart function should be monitored while using ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection .
Yes. ELIGARD 7.5mg Injection may affect the growth of a child. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.