Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
ELDICET 50mg Tablet 6's
By Abbott India Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ELDICET 50mg Tablet used for?
ELDICET 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal discomfort, severe abdominal pain and other intestinal disorders.
ELDICET 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELDICET 50mg Tablet work?
ELDICET 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as anti-spasmodics. This drug acts by inhibiting calcium influx in the intestinal smooth muscle through voltage-dependent calcium channels. Inhibition of calcium influx promotes relaxation of smooth muscle. Thus, it helps in relieving abdominal discomfort.
How to take ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ELDICET 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ELDICET 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ELDICET 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ELDICET 50mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Skin allergy
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal bloating
- Stomach pain
- Feeling of fullness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELDICET 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking ELDICET 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ELDICET 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of inflammatory bowel disease, kidney and liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ELDICET 50mg Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking ELDICET 50mg Tablet?
- How should ELDICET 50mg Tablet be stored?
- What is the maximum daily dose of ELDICET 50mg Tablet for irritable bowel syndrome?
Overdose symptoms of ELDICET 50mg Tablet include persistent diarrhoea and vomiting. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No. It is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking ELDICET 50mg Tablet, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
ELDICET 50mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature.
The recommended maximum daily dose of ELDICET 50mg Tablet for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome is 300 mg. Consult your doctor for further information.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.