What is ELCAFORT Tablet used for?
ELCAFORT Tablet is used for the treatment of nutritional deficiency. It is also recommended as a supplement in patients with heart diseases.
ELCAFORT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ELCAFORT Tablet work?
In ELCAFORT Tablet, L-Carnitine and Chromium Picolinate belongs to the class of drugs called minerals. These drugs act by converting fat into energy and maintain a constant supply of energy when required.
Resveratrol belongs to the class of drugs called as natural phenols. This drug acts by dilating blood vessels and decreasing the activity of cells that cause a blood clot. Thus, it allows a free flow of blood in the blood vessels.
Mecobalamin is a vitamin supplement, which acts by increasing the production of red blood cells by promoting nucleic acid synthesis in bone marrow. It maintains normal blood levels by promoting maturation and division of red blood cells.
L-Selenomethionine is a natural amino acid, which acts by synthesizing and generating new proteins required for supporting the growth of cells.
How to take ELCAFORT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ELCAFORT Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ELCAFORT Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ELCAFORT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ELCAFORT Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ELCAFORT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ELCAFORT Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood swings
- Loss of coordination
- Trouble in concentrating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ELCAFORT Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ELCAFORT Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ELCAFORT Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ELCAFORT Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking ELCAFORT Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take ELCAFORT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ELCAFORT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about ELCAFORT Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while using ELCAFORT Tablet?
- Is it safe to use ELCAFORT Tablet in patients with hypervitaminosis condition?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ELCAFORT Tablet?
- Is it safe to use ELCAFORT Tablet in angina patients?
- Can ELCAFORT Tablet used for weight loss?
No. It is not safe to consume alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ELCAFORT Tablet.
It is not safe to use ELCAFORT Tablet in patients with hypervitaminosis condition.
Complete blood picture, heart function test, and blood glucose levels must be regularly monitored while using ELCAFORT Tablet.
Yes. It is safe to use ELCAFORT Tablet in angina patients when recommended by the doctor.
Yes. ELCAFORT Tablet can be used for weight loss when recommended by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.