Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is EFFICIN 1gm Injection used for?
EFFICIN 1gm Injection is used as a second-line drug for the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
EFFICIN 1gm Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EFFICIN 1gm Injection work?
EFFICIN 1gm Injection belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. This drug acts by interfering with the synthesis of bacterial genetic material. Thus, it kills the bacteria and prevents their growth.
How to administer EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
EFFICIN 1gm Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of EFFICIN 1gm Injection, please consult the doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of EFFICIN 1gm Injection may include:
- Trouble in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
Drugs that interact with EFFICIN 1gm Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
The following are the most common side effects of EFFICIN 1gm Injection:
- Sudden weight loss
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Joint pain
- Difficulty in urination
- Pale skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EFFICIN 1gm Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the symptoms of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if EFFICIN 1gm Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid EFFICIN 1gm Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, heart or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to EFFICIN 1gm Injection or other ingredients of the drug.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about EFFICIN 1gm Injection
- How long can I use EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
- Is it safe to receive any vaccination while using EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
- What are the contraindications of EFFICIN 1gm Injection?
- Does EFFICIN 1gm Injection cause dehydration?
- What are the other formulations of EFFICIN 1gm Injection available?
EFFICIN 1gm Injection should be used for short-term treatment, usually for seven to ten days. However, consult your doctor for further information.
You must avoid BCG vaccination while using EFFICIN 1gm Injection. However, consult the doctor before receiving the vaccination.
EFFICIN 1gm Injection is contraindicated in Parkinsonism, myoneural disorder, tinnitus, hearing loss, and renal dysfunction.
Use of EFFICIN 1gm Injection may cause severe dehydration. Therefore, you must drink adequate amount of water to prevent complications.
EFFICIN 1gm Injection is available as intravenous infusion and nebuliser.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.