|Available substitute||12 substitute/s available|
Rs.150.00 (47% Savings)
Rs.155.00 (45% Savings)
Rs.158.80 (44% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (44% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Torsemide used for?
Torsemide is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to relieve oedema caused due to heart failure, liver dysfunction or kidney disease.
Torsemide may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Torsemide work?
Torsemide belongs to the class of drugs called diuretics. This drug acts by decreasing the reabsorption of sodium and chloride. This increases the excretion of sodium, chloride and potassium salts through urine. This diuretic action of Torsemide reduces blood pressure and improves cardiac output.
How to use Torsemide?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Torsemide injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of Torsemide, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Torsemide may include:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Torsemide?
Drugs that interact with Torsemide include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Torsemide?
The following are the most common side effects of Torsemide:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Increased cough
- Loss of appetite
- Frequent urination
- Ringing in ears
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Increased heart rate
- Unexplained weight loss
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Torsemide?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Torsemide or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Torsemide medication causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may worsen the side effects of Torsemide medication.
- Get up slowly while rising from a sitting or lying position, as Torsemide may cause dizziness or light-headedness.
- Do not exceed the dose of Torsemide more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Torsemide medication.
You are advised not to use Torsemide if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Torsemide?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of central nervous system disorder, diabetes or renal impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Torsemide
- Is it safe to use Torsemide medication in case of liver dysfunction?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on Torsemide medication?
- Is it safe to use Torsemide medication before undergoing a surgery?
Be cautious while receiving Torsemide medication if you have any history of liver disease, as it can increase the risk of electrolyte imbalance.
Increase the intake of potassium rich foods and include a low-salt diet while on Torsemide medication.
Consult your doctor before using Torsemide medication prior to any scheduled surgery.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.