What is DYSMEN 500mg Tablet used for?
DYSMEN 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It is also used in the treatment of pain and blood loss during menstruation.
DYSMEN 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DYSMEN 500mg Tablet work?
DYSMEN 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug acts by inhibiting cyclooxygenases, which are responsible for inflammation and pain. Inhibition of cyclooxygenase enzyme helps in relieving the pain.
How to take DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DYSMEN 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- For syrup dosage form, use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DYSMEN 500mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet
- Stomach discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Weight gain
- Stomach bloating
- Pale skin
- Bloody stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DYSMEN 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with DYSMEN 500mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking DYSMEN 500mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take DYSMEN 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, bleeding disorders, heart diseases, obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
Frequently Asked questions about DYSMEN 500mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
- How long can I use DYSMEN 500mg Tablet?
DYSMEN 500mg Tablet is contraindicated in people with a history of coronary artery bypass surgery, gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation.
Overdose symptoms of DYSMEN 500mg Tablet include severe stomach pain, extreme drowsiness, shallow breathing and severe stomach pain.
Yes, laboratory parameters like blood pressure, complete blood count, liver and kidney function must be monitored periodically.
DYSMEN 500mg Tablet should be used for the prescribed duration. Please consult the doctor if you have to discontinue the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.