What is DVION PEARL Capsule used for?
DVION PEARL Capsule tablet/capsule/soft gel/powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/ syrup/chew gum/spray is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis and other bone disorders, such as rickets. It is also used in combination to treat kidney diseases to maintain calcium and phosphate levels.
DVION PEARL Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DVION PEARL Capsule work?
DVION PEARL Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins. This drug acts by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphorus. Thus, it helps in maintaining calcium and phosphorus levels.
How to use DVION PEARL Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DVION PEARL Capsule tablet/capsule/soft gel /powder/sachet/oral drops/injection/syrup/chew gum/spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule/soft gel Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Empty the contents of powder/sachet into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- For DVION PEARL Capsule oral drops, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
- DVION PEARL Capsule injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- In case of syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- DVION PEARL Capsule chew gum should be chewed without swallowing it.
- DVION PEARL Capsule spray should be shaken well before use and is to be sprayed into the mouth under the tongue.
If you miss a dose of DVION PEARL Capsule, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DVION PEARL Capsule?
Drugs that interact with DVION PEARL Capsule include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DVION PEARL Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of DVION PEARL Capsule:
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased urination
- Mood alterations
- Loss of appetite
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DVION PEARL Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DVION PEARL Capsule or any of its ingredient drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking DVION PEARL Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take DVION PEARL Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DVION PEARL Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of Hypervitaminosis, malabsorption, kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using DVION PEARL Capsule.
Frequently Asked questions about DVION PEARL Capsule
- What are the overdose symptoms of DVION PEARL Capsule?
- What are the natural sources of DVION PEARL Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking DVION PEARL Capsule?
- What are the contraindications of DVION PEARL Capsule?
The overdose symptoms of DVION PEARL Capsule include seizures, confusion, and irregular heartbeat.
The natural sources of DVION PEARL Capsule include eggs, cod liver oil, chicken liver, dairy products, and fatty fish.
Yes, laboratory parameters, such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous levels must be monitored while taking DVION PEARL Capsule.
The contraindications of DVION PEARL Capsule include kidney stones, arteriosclerosis, and excessive amounts of calcium and phosphate in the blood.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.