DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet used for?
DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Major depressive disorder
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Low haemoglobin (anaemia)
DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet work?
In DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination, Duloxetine belongs to the class of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). The drug acts by stabilizing the action of certain chemicals in the CNS that cause depression and anxiety, thereby inhibiting the pain signals from reaching your brain. Thus, it controls the actions associated with serotonergic and noradrenergic activity in the central nervous system.
Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B12. The drug acts by increasing erythrocyte production, thereby stimulating the synthesis of nucleic acid in the bone marrow. Methionine synthase utilizes methylcobalamin as a cofactor to convert amino acid homocysteine to methionine, which is essential for DNA methylation.
How to take DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination include the following:
- Severe dizziness
- Loss of coordination
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Unusual tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Increased sweating
- Skin rash
- Chest pain and discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle twitching
- Upper abdominal pain
- Lack of coordination
- Fluid build up in the lungs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult your doctor before taking DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination during breastfeeding, as it can pass through the breast milk and show certain undesirable effects on the nursing baby.
You are advised not to take DUVANTA NP 40mg Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.